- Researchers developed a new tool to help profile school bullies, and identified risk factors for predicting later aggression in the child participants. These risk factors include violence in the media, low parental involvement and physical victimization.
- A panel of experts is recommending that the Department of Defense better expand access to its services for post-traumatic stress disorder to people in rural areas, the National Guard or Reserves and combat zones.
- Researchers found a Chicago counseling and mentoring program to be successful in reducing violent crime arrests among participating youths and also improving their engagement at school.
- Adults 50 and older were found less likely to struggle with depression if they used the internet for social purposes.
- Loving yourself can yield positive mental health outcomes, recent studies suggest.
- Mental health issues have become a central focus point in today’s political landscape.
Heather Rudow is a staff writer for Counseling Today. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.