- Heat waves can negatively affect our mental health.
- The Army has changed its approach regarding the mental health of its soldiers, saying there is no shame in asking for help when dealing with suicidal thoughts and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Some university students develop social anxiety from collegial experiences, which can hinder the learning process.
- Social media sites such as Facebook can be used to influence healthy behaviors.
- Mothers who focus all their time and energy on raising children are more likely to have negative mental health outcomes.
- A person who undergoes suffering and adversity during childhood is likely to experience inflammation when becoming depressed in the future.
Heather Rudow is a staff writer for Counseling Today. Email her at email@example.com.