- When states cut mental health programs in an effort to balance their budgets, it is often low-income individuals with addiction problems or mental illnesses who are most affected.
- Individuals who are neglected emotionally as children may have a higher risk of stroke later in life.
- Holding a powerful position doesn’t necessarily corrupt someone, according to researchers. Instead, it heightens whatever that person’s ethical tendencies already were.
- Keeping connected with an ex’s Facebook account after you have ended the relationship may hinder you from moving on.
- Even simply having a cellphone out during conversation can hurt the growth of your relationships.
- The best way to get over a fear may be by talking out your feelings during stressful situations.
Heather Rudow is a staff writer for Counseling Today. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send to Kindle