- Individuals who admit to seeking help from a mental health professional over the past seven years face the risk of being denied a security clearance for government and military jobs. That risk, critics say, is discouraging some individuals from applying for such jobs or from seeking help in the first place.
- A new study reveals that suicide has passed car crashes as the leading cause of injury deaths in the United States.
- California’s criminal justice realignment program makes counties the responsible party for individuals who have committed low-level felonies, and mental health teams in jails are helping to ensure a smoother re-entry into society for these ex-offenders.
- Striking a balance between independence and emotional support is key for parents with college-age children who have ADHD.
- Exercising regularly can help your brain cope better with stress.
Heather Rudow is a staff writer for Counseling Today. Email her at email@example.com.
Send to Kindle