- Individuals with higher incomes tend to turn to material possessions for support during chaotic times, while individuals with lower incomes generally turn to members of their community for support.
- President Barack Obama will sign an Executive Order today directing the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to expand suicide prevention strategies and meet current and future demands for mental health and substance abuse treatment services for veterans, service members and their families.
- A person with depression, prior risk of addiction and prior usage of pain medication increases his or her chances of using pain medication long term.
- Nearly half of adolescents with autism spectrum disorder are bullied, according to a new study.
- Anti-inflammatory medications used to treat rheumatoid arthritis might also be helpful for individuals with difficult-to-treat depression.
Heather Rudow is a staff writer for Counseling Today. Email her at email@example.com.
Send to Kindle