- California is set to become the first state to ban gay conversion therapy.
- New therapy interventions such as mindfulness, guided imagery, somatic experiencing, and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing are gaining popularity in the mental health field.
- Stress and depression can affect rates of cancer survival.
- Research has found that phone therapy is equally effective as meeting face-to-face with a therapist for most people.
- An occupation is most rewarding when it matches an individual’s personality traits.
- Although only a small number of people with mental illness commit acts of violence, when those outbursts do happen, what often rises to the top as a commonality between the events is difficulty in securing effective treatment for these individuals.
Heather Rudow is a staff writer for Counseling Today. Contact her at email@example.com.
Send to Kindle