- Researchers confirm that depression and anxiety are worldwide problems.
- As revisions to the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) are about to begin, transgender advocates are working to ensure the new wording alters the mental illness perception on this population.
- A combination of cognitive behavioral therapy and medication has been found to reduce symptoms of depression in cancer patients.
- Children in foster care can learn resilience and feel increased hopefulness from a technique called Cognitively-Based Compassion Training.
- Neglect early in life can change a child’s brain and behavior in the long run.
Heather Rudow is a staff writer for Counseling Today. Email her at email@example.com.