- Poor mental health is linked to reduced life expectancy.
- A study found that adolescent girls between the ages of 12 and 15 are more likely to be depressed than boys.
- Medical staff and clinicians tend to overlook alcohol problems in patients unless they arrive intoxicated.
- A researcher believes that eating disorders in children are not being taken seriously enough, and youths are “missing out on vital help.”
- Adding a canine boost to mental health.
Heather Rudow is a staff writer for Counseling Today. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.