The American Counseling Association is working to keep its members and the public informed as the new coronavirus, COVID-19, becomes an increasing reality and issue of concern across the United States. Updates will be posted at the ACA website, counseling.org.
Relevant resources and information:
- ACA page of COVID-19 related resources, including information about the ethics of telehealth, taking care of your emotional and mental health during times of uncertainty, links to find a counselor and more.
- From CT Online: How to talk to children about the coronavirus
- From CT Online: Managing the culture of breaking news
- The ACA 2020 Conference & Expo, originally scheduled for mid-April in San Diego, has been cancelled. Find out more here.
- Counseling Today‘s April magazine has already been sent to the printers and ACA members should be receiving it via U.S. Mail soon. More than 10 years of Counseling Today is available digitally for ACA members to browse or download here.
- Coronavirus anxiety resource page from the Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Mental health and COVID-19 resources from Mental Health America
- If you are overwhelmed or in crisis, the Disaster Distress Helpline offers 24-7 support. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
Related reading, from the Counseling Today archives: